- Before rewiring any ceiling fan, turn off electrical current at source by switching off circuit breakers.
- WARNING: Failure to disconnect power supply to ceiling fan may result in serious injury or death.
- Detach switch housing or light kit from the ceiling fan and disconnect the kit wires.
- Unscrew the switch nut fastened to the current fan switch.
- Lower the fan switch and attached wires cautiously from the switch housing.
- Check wires and make sure to observe and write down which color wire from the fan is connected to which wire on fan switch (1, 2, 3, L).
- Carefully cut the four wires from the existing fan switch using wire stripper and set it away.
- Strip wires around 1/2 inch.
- Refer to step 4
- Connect the Black wire (L) from the new fan switch to wire from the fan you noted.
- Connect the red wire (1) from the new fan switch to wire from the fan you noted.
- Connect the Blue wire (2) from the new fan switch to wire from the fan you noted.
- Connect the White wire (3) from the new fan switch to wire from the fan you noted.
- Secure connection between the wires using wire connectors by twisting them clockwise (CAUTION: Connection of wires must be tested and verified, otherwise it may result in fire hazard, electrical shock or serious injuries).
- Remove nut from the new switch, feed the threaded part of the new switch through the specified hole in light kit, then secure the switch with the nut.
- Re-wire the light kit and re-attach it to the fan.
- Connect power to the ceiling fan and test the new switch.
- Click here to contact us.
- Click here to purchase this Zing Ear ZE-208s E89885 fan switch.