- Before rewiring any ceiling fan. Turn off electrical current at source by turning off circuit breakers.
- Failure to disconnect power to the ceiling fan may cause electrical shock, fire hazard, serious injury, or death.
- Detach switch housing and/or light kit from the ceiling fan and disconnect the kit wires.
- Unscrew the switch nut attached to the old fan switch.
- Pull down the fan switch carefully.
- Write down the color of each wire and the portal number to which they are attached on the switch.
- Remove wires from existing fan switch. If wires are hard to remove, insert a paper clip into each hole
(numbered 1, 2, 3, L) and pull the wire out.
- Find word “STRIP” on the back of the fan switch. The lead Length on each wire to be re-attached to the new fan switch should be the same length as the line above word “STRIP”.
- Twist each wire and push to insert into the portal as in the previous switch (refer to step 4).
- Make sure that each wire has been securely attached.
- Unscrew nut from new fan switch. Put the wires and switch back into the switch housing.
- Mount the switch by feeding its threaded part through the designated hole.
- Attach the nut to the new fan switch.
- Re-connect the light kit to the ceiling fan.
- Connect power to the ceiling fan.
- Click here to contact us.
- Click here to purchase Zing Ear ZE-208s pull chain switch.