- Before attempting to install this switch, please turn off your circuit breaker4.
- WARNING: Failing to disconnect power supply to ceiling fan may result in death or serious injury.
- Detach switch housing or light kit from the ceiling fan and unplug the kit wires.
- Remove nut attached to the switch.
- Lower the fan switch carefully from the fan.
- Note and write down the color of each wire and the slot number to which they are attached to on the fan switch.
- remove wires from the fan switch, if they are hard to remove, insert a paper clip into each hole (shown above in black dots) and pull out the wire.
- Strip wires to make the leads the same length as the line above “STRIPE” word
- Attached wires to the new fan switch as in the old switch (refer to step 4).
- Pull each wire carefully to make sure it has been attached properly if the wire comes out then reinsert it correctly.
- Attached the new switch to fan and secure it using the nut.
- Rewire fan light kit and attach it to the fan.
- Turn on the circuit breaker to test the new fan switch.