- Before rewiring any ceiling fan, turn off electrical current at source by switching off circuit breakers.
- WARNING: Failure to disconnect power supply to ceiling fan may result in serious injury or death.
- Make sure the existing light switch has 3 wires. If there are 2 wires, A 2-wire switch is required.
- Check wires and make sure to note and write down which color wire from the fan is connected to which wire on existing switch.
- Strip wires around 1/2 inch.
- Connect the black wire (L) from the new light switch to wire noted in step 2.
- Connect the red wire (1) from the new light switch to wire noted in step 2.
- Connect the blue wire (2) from the new light switch to wire noted in step 2.
- Secure connection between the wires using wire connectors by twisting them in a clockwise (Connection of wires must be secured, otherwise it may result in fire hazard, electrical shock or serious injury).