- Before rewiring any ceiling fan, turn off electrical current at source by turning off circuit breakers.
- CAUTION: Failing to disconnect power supply to ceiling fan may cause serious injury or death.
Wiring Steps For Ceiling Fans:
- Make sure the existing light switch has 2 wires. If there are 3 wires, A 3-wire switch is required.
- Cut the two wires from the existing light switch using wire stripper.
- Strip black wires around 1/2 inch.
- Connect one black wire from the light switch to one black wire from the ceiling fan.
- Connect the other black wire from the light switch to the other black wire from the ceiling fan.
- Secure connection between the wires using wire connectors by twisting them in a clockwise (Connection of wires must be secured, otherwise, it may result in fire hazard, electrical shock or serious injury).