- Before rewiring any ceiling fan, turn off electrical current at source by switching off circuit breakers.
- WARNING: Failure to disconnect power supply to ceiling fan may result in serious injury or death.
- unscrew light bulb[s] and fan light kit glass shade[s].
- Remove fan light kit, disconnect the wiring and set it aside.
- Unscrew switch nut and carefully move light switch away from its housing or light kit (Make sure the old light switch has 3 wires. If there are 2 wires, A 2-wire switch is required).
Carefully cut the two wires from the existing light switch using wire stripper and set it away.
- Check wires and make sure to note and write down which color wire from the fan is connected to which wire on existing fan switch.
- Strip black wires around 1/2 inch.
- Refer to step 4.
- Connect the black wire (L) from the new light switch to wire from the fan you noted.
- Connect the red wire (1) from the new light switch to wire from the fan you noted.
- Connect the blue wire (2) from the new light switch to wire from the fan you noted.
- Secure connection between the wires using wire connectors by twisting them in a clockwise (CAUTION: Connection of wires must be secured, otherwise it may result in fire hazard, electrical shock or serious injury).
- Unscrew nut from new fan switch, and gently push fan wires and fan switch into switch housing.
- Mount the switch by feeding its threaded part through the designated hole in switch housing or light kit.
- Secure fan switch using the nut.
- Add glass shade[s] and light bulb[s] to the light kit.
- Connect power to the ceiling fan and test new fan switch.
- Click here to contact us.
- Click here to purchase this floor lamp dimmer switch.