- Before rewiring any ceiling fan, turn off electrical current at source by turning off circuit breakers.
- CAUTION: Failing to disconnect power supply to ceiling fan may cause serious injury or death.
- unscrew light bulb[s] and fan light kit glass shade[s].
- Detach fan light kit, disconnect the wiring and set it aside.
- Unscrew switch nut and carefully move light switch away from its housing or light kit (Make sure the existing light switch has 2 wires. If there are 3 wires, A 3-wire switch is required).
Cautiously cut the two wires from the existing light switch using wire stripper and set it away.
- Strip black wires around 1/2 inch.
- Connect ONE black wire from the new light switch to ONE black wire from the ceiling fan.
- Connect the other black wire from the new light switch to the other black wire from the ceiling fan.
- Secure connection between the wires using wire connectors by twisting them in a clockwise (CAUTION: Connection of wires must be secured, otherwise
it may result in fire hazard, electrical shock or serious injury).
- Unscrew nut from new fan switch, and gently push fan wires and fan switch into switch housing.
- Mount the switch by feeding its threaded part through the designated hole in switch housing or light kit.
- Secure fan switch using the nut.
- Add glass shade[s] and light bulb[s] to the light kit.
- Connect power to the ceiling fan and test new fan switch