Before you start:
- Turn off the power supply to the ceiling fan
- Proceeding to replace the switch without disconnecting the power may cause electrical shock, fire hazard, serious injury, or death
- Write down the color of each wire and the terminal number to which they are attached
- Remove wires from the old ceiling fan. If wires are hard to remove, insert a paper clip into each hole (numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, L) and pull the wire out
- Make sure that the wire lead length is the same length as the line beside word “STRIP”
- insert the wires as noted in step 1
Wires should be inserted into the slots on side of the switch not the holes on surface.