- Before rewiring any ceiling fan, turn off electrical current at source by turning off circuit breakers.
- Failing to disconnect the power supply to ceiling fan may result in severe injury or death.
- Do not cut the wires off the existing switch
- Write down the color of each wire and the portal number to which they are attached on the switch.
- Remove wires from existing fan switch. If wires are hard to remove, insert a large sewing needle or a paper clip into each hole (numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, L) and pull the wire out.
- Make sure that the wire lead length is the same length as the line beside word “STRIP”
- Insert each wire into the portal as in the previous switch (see step 1). Wires should be inserted into the slots on side of the switch not the holes on surface
Color Codes For Ceiling Fans (Your Fan Wires Color & Position May Vary)
- L=Black, 1=Grey, 2=Green, 3=Brown, 4=Purple
- L=Black, 1=Grey, 2=Brown, 3=Purple, 4=Green