- Before rewiring any ceiling fan, turn off electrical current at source by turning off circuit breakers.
- Failing to disconnect the power supply to ceiling fan may result in severe injury or death.
- Do not cut the wires off the existing switch
- Detach switch housing or light kit from the ceiling fan and disconnect the kit wires.
- Unscrew the switch nut attached to the current fan switch.
- Write down the color of each wire and the portal number to which they are attached on the switch.
- Remove wires from existing fan switch. If wires are hard to remove, insert a large sewing needle or a paper clip into each hole (numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, L) and pull the wire out.
- Insert each wire into the portal as in the previous switch (see step 3).
- Unscrew the nut from new fan switch.
- Mount the switch by feeding its threaded part through the designated hole.
- Attach the nut to the new fan switch.
- Re-connect the light kit to the ceiling fan.
- Connect power to the ceiling fan.
- Click here to contact us.
- Click here to purchase this ceiling fan switch